Thanksgiving is still a week away, but as you drive around town you’ve probably seen houses with lights and holiday decorations already. We have enjoyed warmer temperatures which have been the perfect opportunity to decorate homes for the season.
But before you climb a ladder or get on the roof to hang those lights, the Rooferees have a few safety precautions to keep in mind:
- Plug in the lights before your climb the ladder to make sure they are still working.
- If you are using a ladder to hang your lights, make sure it is on level ground. Have someone hold the bottom of the ladder to keep it steady.
- Use clips or hooks designed for stands of lights. Do not nail or staple the electrical cord.
- If you need to get on the roof, do not attempt if it wet or icy.
- If your holiday decorating plans extend beyond the first level of your home, leave the decorating to the professionals. Leave the do-it-yourself job to the first story of your home.
If you are looking forward to spreading cheer this season with your holiday lights, be safe and follow these safety precautions.
The Rooferees wish you and yours the very best of the season.